Here is a great group run article if you are thinking of joining a group run but just aren’t sure.
All paces and levels welcome.
Distances will vary.
NOTE: Please arrive a few minutes early as the group will leave promptly at the time posted.
- 5:30 AM @ Ironton Rail Trail, 3853 Chestnut Street, Whitehall. [Directions]
Meet at the trailhead parking lot near Sheetz. Bring headlamps.
Distance: Up to 6 miles. Run leader: Alissa.
- 5:30 AM Bethlehem – Meet at Sands Outlet, Area D1 of parking lot.
They will take you back at 6:30 and head out to complete more miles.
Distance: 6-10 miles. Run leader: Heather.
- 5:30 AM/6:00 AM @ Allentown Rose Garden, Parkway & 30th Streets.
Meet in the parking lot of Recreation Building. Flats @ 5:30 and then up, up up HILLS @ 6:00. Work at your pace. Up to 45 minutes. Run leader: Leslie.
- 5:45 PM @ Muhlenberg College – Meet in front of the stadium gates off Liberty Street by the Muhlenberg gymnasium. The area is well-lit and safe. [Directions]
Making Strides – Women’s-only speed and strength workout. Distance: 4-5 miles, includes warm-up and cool down. There is also a group of women who will do walking “speed” intervals. See Facebook page for more details and updates. ** Pat Garin will lead a 12-16 minute pace group for 3-4 mile distance**
- 5:15 AM @ Muhlenberg College track
Enter through gate at 24th/Liberty streets. Speed workout. Run leader: Michael. Warm up for 15 minutes, then run leader will provide a workout followed by a cool down. A different workout every week. All paces and experience levels encouraged and supported. First-timers welcome!
- 5:30 AM Bethlehem – Meet at Sands Outlet – Area D1 of parking lot.
Chutes and Ladders – Hills, stairs and repeat.
Distance: Up to 6 miles. Run leader: Heather
- 5:30 AM /6:00 AM @ Trexler Park off Springhouse Rd. [Directions]
Located on Springhouse Rd which can be accessed via Cedar Crest (turn onto Broadway then onto Spring house) or Tilghman St. turning onto Springhouse near Wegmans). Distance: Up to 5 miles. Paces: 9-11 min/mile. Run leader: Leslie.
- 5:45 PM @ Lehigh Parkway – (Meet near the white barn) [Directions]
Distance: 3-4 miles. Cecilia Klager will lead a 12-16 minute pace group
- 5:30 AM @ Ironton Rail Trail, 3853 Chestnut Street, Whitehall. [Directions] Meet at the trailhead parking lot near Sheetz. Bring headlamps. Distance: Up to 6 miles. Run leader: Alissa.
- 6:00 AM – Red Covered Bridge, Lehigh Parkway – [Directions]
Bring hydration and nutrition. Distance: Varies. Paces: Avg. 9-10 min/mile but accommodate all. Run Leaders: Lisa/Leslie. (Up to 10 miles)
- 7:00 AM – St. Luke’s 1/2 Marathon 14 week Training Group. Meet at the LVRR Clubhouse (white barn). Following Beginner plan. If you are intermediate or advanced then join us at 0600. Week 2 – 7 miles.
- 7:00 AM – Red Covered Bridge, Lehigh Parkway [Directions] 1325 Oxford Dr, Allentown 18103 for GPS.We are walkers, striders and runners. We won’t leave you behind. Average pace 11-15 min. (Run and Run/Walk) Run Leader: Donna.
You can also use the contact form located at bottom of this page to reach out to specific group run leaders.
Please visit this page for directions to Lehigh Parkway.
SEND A GROUP LEADER A MESSAGE
* GROUP RUN LEADERS WANTED *
If you are able to help lead a group run, please use the form on this page to send us a note.
8:00 am – Rodale South Mountain Gateway Trail parking lot off of Klines Rd in Emmaus. Mostly streets in the winter months and Gateway trail weather permitting. Pace: 10 min average. Odd date = 6-8 mile run. Even date = Speed or Hill training (Anita and Allison)