LVRR Annual Club Scholarship
Lehigh Valley Road Runners established a scholarship as of January 2013 equaling $2000 for a senior female or male high school child whose parents are LVRR members in good standing for 3 years or more.
This new award is a continuation of the club’s commitment to our members and it’s young adults to lead healthy, productive and disciplined lifestyles. We want to continue to encourage their academic and community involvement as they pursue their college goals.
The criterion for eligibility is very similar to the club’s four annual scholarships to senior high school runners who are on cross country and track teams.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior going to a 2 or 4 year college
- Applicant must be involved in their school and community activities
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must reside in Lehigh or Northampton counties
- Must obtain two written recommendations from individuals not related to them
- Write a short essay on “How you can have a positive impact on your community during your college career”.
This award is at the discretion of the LVRR Board of Directors. Applications can be downloaded from the club’s web site at www.lvrr.org under the club information menu. Paper applications will also be available at the clubhouse in the Little Lehigh Parkway in Allentown.Download Application
2015 – Gregory Fry (Salisbury H.S.)
2016 – Devon Fogel (Notre Dame Green Pond), Laura Drabenstott (William Allen H.S.), Brooke Schaffer (Emmaus)
Lauren Drabenstott, Brooke Shaffer, Devon Fogel