LVRR Timing Committee to be formed
Do you like to have fun? Are you interested in getting more involved in event management? Lehigh Valley Road Runners would like to form an official Timing Committee to work at seven LVRR races (listed below.) Ideally, we would like to have 10-12 people to form “teams” so that no one is required to work every event.
Ice Scraper 5Ks in December, January, February, March
Superbowl Tailgate Trot 10K in February
Emmaus 4 Mile Classic in April
South Mountain 10 Miler & 5K in November
We are looking for a couple of folks who:
- Have a willingness to learn the RunScore timing program
- Are able to troubleshoot basic computer issues
- Have a technical background
- Are familiar with databases, bluetooth/wireless connections
- Are able to stand for up to four hours, lift and carry heavy items (25-50 lbs.)
- Are good at multitasking
- Are not easily distracted (Race environment can be loud and distracting, at times)
- Don’t mind possible extreme weather conditions (such as hot and cold)
Some tasks of the Timing Committee will include: finish line set up and break down, race set up in RunScore, race day timing, printing results and award winners, etc.